Thursday 25 April 2013

I was not into making six-packs but pegs: Dharmendra

dharmendra-amitabh1


Bollywood’s original He-Man Dharmendra is all heart. The man is unbelievably down-to-earth, hungry not for fame, but people’s love. Sreya Basu chats up with the veteran actor in Mumbai


What makes you popular even today?

I have spread as much as love possible in the last 50 years via my films, personal life … I have given only love to whoever I met in life. But I have received a lot more love from people.


What if one morning you wake up to realize that people have stopped loving you?

If people will stop loving me, I will climb on to a tank and then a mausi (aunt) will come and reassure that you people still love me (recalling the famous scene from 1975 blockbuster Sholay).


You are the original He-Man of Bollywood. Do you think there will be a second He-Man in Hindi films?

Now-a-days everyone is a He-Man … look at our heroes now … they have reached almost nine-packs these days. But if you have seen Dharam-Veer (1977), you will know that I was not into making packs but pegs.



I was not into making six-packs but pegs: Dharmendra

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Desi Nasha